Challenge Discovery Projects provides direct services to over 1,600 at-risk youth in Richmond. We are committed to improving the emotional health and well being of children and their families through programs that promote self-worth and positive, healthy relationships. Challenge Discovery Projects supports its mission by providing school-based and community programs for youth that address emotional health, bullying prevention, substance abuse treatment and trauma counseling. Currently our Say It With Heart Bullying and Violence Prevention Program is taught in 9 Richmond schools.
Challenge Discovery Projects, a Virginia-based 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, was founded in 1980. Challenge Discovery Projects supports its mission by providing school-based and community programs for youth that address bullying, violence, substance abuse and emotional health. In addition, Challenge Discovery Projects offers family support, emotional health and substance abuse counseling to the deaf and hard of hearing. These opportunities are provided regardless of a client's ability to pay. Challenge Discovery Projects provides services for over 1,600 youth and adults annually in our community and over 33,000 have been served since our inception in 1980.
- Treat every individual with dignity and respect
- Provide excellent mental health care to anyone in need regardless of ability to pay
- Promote the healthy adaptation and full development of the whole person
- Deliver comprehensive and coordinated services to adolescents and families that strengthens their ability to achieve emotionally, socially, educationally, and vocationally
- Strengthen the family unit and its ability to resolve and solve issues
- Engage every individual with an attitude of hope, optimism, dedication, and integrity